Warren Edward Buffett (born August 30, 1930) is an American business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is widely considered the most successful investor of the 20th century. Buffett is the primary shareholder, chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway and consistently ranked among the world’s wealthiest people. He was ranked as the world’s wealthiest person in 2008 and as the third wealthiest person in 2011. In 2012, American magazine Time named Buffett one of the most influential people in the world.
- Rule No.1: Never lose money.
Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1.
- Never invest in a business you can’t understand.
- I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy
when others are fearful.
- The only value of stock forecasters is to make fortune tellers look good.
- I don’t look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.
- Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
- Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.
- Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when
it is marked down.
- Without passion, you don’t have energy. Without energy, you have nothing.
- It takes 20 years to build a reputation and few minutes to ruin it. If you think about
that you’ll do things differently.
- You never know who’s swimming naked until the tide goes out.
- Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people.
- It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior
is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.
- You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant.
- When you combine ignorance and leverage, you get some pretty interesting results.
Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.Contd…